Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Food Safety Manager
The Food Safety Manager will manage food safety systems that ensure the quality, safety and standards in all domestic corporate owned Shake Shacks
- Manages food safety initiatives that inform and support operations and drive continuous improvement including tracking and analyzing Health Department reports ensuring compliance and evaluating corrective actions, and identifying local health ordinances and regulations that require special food safety related documentation or permitting.
- Manages 3rd Party Auditors to ensure compliance of Shake Shack and regulatory food safety standards. Provides recommendations to Director of Product Development and Quality Assurance, Operations Liaison, and Internal Audit Team to build and enhance the audit program.
- Manages information in QA Systems, such as Compliance Mate, evaluating trends in data, and making recommendations for program improvements and enhancements.
- Ensures the support of overall Quality Assurance Department goals and responsibilities including tracking foodborne illness complaints, creating SOPs and procedures at the direction of the Director of Product Development and Quality Assurance.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Food Science preferred
- Knowledge of Health Department regulations
- At least 2 years of experience in a Food Safety or Quality Assurance role
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."