Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Financial Analyst (Investor Relations)
The Investor Relations (IR) Analyst will help communicate our company’s strategic initiatives to our investor base. This is a challenging and rewarding role which requires a strong ability to story board, create compelling presentations and manage timelines. Successful candidates will have experience creating media-rich presentations but also understand financial statements. They will be able to read & interpret financial statements, ask questions to understand drivers and develop presentations to communicate that understanding. This position is highly visible in the organization and is depended upon to deliver our key external messages.
1. Corporate Messaging:
- Create compelling, concise, media-rich presentations that ‘tell a story’ based on current business imperatives
- Design, write and produce IR documents, including earnings documents (presentation slides, script and Q&A, annual shareholder meeting), conference and roadshow materials and other investor materials.
- Analyze, interpret and summarize financial and other information for management reports, presentations and analysts' requests
2. Financial Due Diligence:
- Gather, analyze and present operational, financial and marketing data
- Report on equity ownership, changes in investor base and trading activity
- Research competitors and aggregate Wall Street analyst expectations
- Monitor, analyze and summarize investment community research on the company and its peers, and distribute to company management
- Gather and maintain internal data points to support IR materials
- Constant ‘check and tie-out’ approach to reviewing numbers with each draft
3. Project Management:
- Assist in coordination of analyst / investor meetings, conferences, and materials distribution
- Research analyst questions and develop answers using cross-functional resources
- Regularly update key inputs from FP&A (e.g. forecast, capital expenditure), Supply Chain (e.g. commodity price expectations), Development (e.g. new Shacks) etc.
- Maintain deadlines; ensure management is informed of deadlines and progress
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to independently develop a thesis, source input and communicate a message
- Detailed oriented with a ‘review and tie-out’ approach to finalizing numbers
- Solid understanding of financial statements including balance sheet, cash flow statement and income statement
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present findings in concise and informative manner
- Ability to prioritize work across various departments and their associated projects
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented and able to influence decisions across all levels of management
- 2-3 years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking or other highly analytical role with management interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in business or quantitative field; liberal arts or other degrees considered with relevant work experience
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."