Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Financial Analyst, Enterprise FP&A
Shake Shack is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven FP&A Analyst in its Finance team. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in driving decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the company including direct interactions with the Executive Team. You will build and manage financial forecasts and results analysis and use findings of that modeling to inform strategic plans. As a critical link between the Executive Team and the internal finance team, you are responsible for producing G&A expense and CAPEX budgeting, forecasting and performance variance commentary. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority.
Financial Planning and Modeling
- Support Enterprise multi-channel and functional annual planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Support cross functional business and performance management (month-end results, consolidated financial forecast)
- Support consolidated month-end close process; coordinating with accounting to write variance analysis commentary for P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Support the development and performance management of enterprise wide capital spend and operational expense targets
- Prepare flexible financial models with clean outputs
- Analyze actual financial results, identify drivers, and communicate variances from budget/forecast to business partners
- Prepare monthly reports and forecast estimates
Business Partner to Functional Leads
- Identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Work with internal business partners on ad hoc projects to drive revenue streams
- Support in enterprise-level reporting such as P&Ls reviews, KPI models, and financial presentations including monthly financial reviews with business functions
Skills and Knowledge
- Financial planning and P&L management experience
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- 2+ years of related work experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.