Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Executive Assistant to CEO
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently. This person thrives at being mindful of details in an energetic, fast-paced environment with a diverse group of people, at all levels. Must be extremely well organized, flexible, proactive, warm, resourceful and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality/discretion is crucial for this role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and good sense of humor are equally important. This position will play an integral role in the daily flow, success and operations of Shake Shack.
- Act as the CEO’s right hand, anticipating needs for maximum efficiency and impact with all communications, tasks, meetings & projects.
- Ensure excellent collaboration, communication and connectivity between the CEO, C-team, Leadership teams, Home Office, Shack Management teams as well as any and all external stakeholders. Understand and manage nuances of relationships among all stakeholders, specifically in Home Office.
- Partner with People Resources team to facilitate the CEO and leadership team’s presence and involvement in key culture initiatives and events.
- Coordinate, organize and assist in the planning and execution of Shake Shack Board Meetings.
- Analyze, recommend, and execute CEO external speaking engagements and event appearances, including investor conferences.
- Support Annual Strategic Planning, Goal Setting & Performance Review Processes
Skills & Knowledge:
- BA/BS required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding social skills, warm and open
- High emotional intelligence
- High integrity and judgement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and follow through
- Sense of humor
- Project management
- Preferred knowledge or experience in supporting a C-level executive
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."