Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Employee Relations & People Resources Manager
The Manager, People Practices serves as a business partner to the Shake Shack employees. The Manager, People Practices will respond to, audit, evaluate and create systems and best practices in the areas of employee relations, compliance to employment law and policy and procedure advice, HRIS & Payroll support and compliance.
The position actively embodies, inspires, and teaches skills that will elevate the core values of Shake Shack Enterprises.
1. HR Compliance
- Work closely with the Director of HR to ensure that SSE is compliant with all local, state, and federal employment laws
- Maintain company guidebooks to ensure compliance with laws & company policies & procedures
- FMLA, State Leave programs & Short-Term Disability
2. Employee Relations
- Provide support to employees and training to Operations managers in the area of employee relations
3. HRIS/Employee Data
- Manage employee data; including auditing employee files and the HRIS system
- Monitor employee job changes to ensure accurate security is in place
Skills & Knowledge:
- 4+ years HR Generalist experience, as well as experience managing a team
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources from accredited university
- SHRM member
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Familiarity with Report Tracking Systems
- Knowledgeable in HRIS Systems, Ultipro preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."