Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Diversity, Inclusion and Communications Manager
Do you want to play an influential role in creating programs and strategic initiatives that helps Shake Shack build upon our inclusive and diverse workplace? Invested in delivering streamlined, meaningful communications to multi-unit teams? Love developing projects from the ground up? We’re searching for a person who has a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, has prior experience leading programs, and impeccable verbal and written communication skills. This role will be part of a hardworking, lively, dynamic Human Resources department whose mission is to cultivate a people-centric foundation that empowers a thriving Shake Shack community of employees. In addition to expanding our equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives, the right candidate will spearhead building strategic internal communications plans with a focus on inclusivity. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Leads all internal communications.
- Leads execution of all nationwide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, programs-- including Employee Resource Group meetings and events, Inclusion Training, Mentorship Programs, and more.
- Partners with People Resources, Operations Support and Marketing to develop, execute and continually refine our internal communications and inclusion strategies.
- Advises cross-departmentally to ensure all communications, policies and procedures are inclusive, equitable, and follow appropriate legislation and employment law regulations around bias and inclusion.
- Gathers and presents employee feedback, diversity analytics, and best practices to stakeholders.
- Acts as a consultant to underrepresented groups and makes sure all voices are heard.
- Builds relationships with colleagues and external organizations through Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a HR, Communications or related field
- Bonus points for specific education in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion theories and practical applications
- Ability to inspire and manage people to grow professionally and achieve results, without having a direct reporting relationship
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- High Emotional Intelligence.
- Experience executing Internal Communications and/or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives (preferably Employee Resource Groups.)
- Multi-unit hospitality or retail chain experience preferred
- Experience leading Inclusion training
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.