Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place. Shake Shack is a technicolor world filled with 51%ers with one mission: Stand for Something Good!
Director of Total Rewards and HRIS
This position is a new position reporting to the SVP of People Resources, the Director of Total Rewards and HRIS will be responsible for developing and managing a total rewards plan to support Shake Shack’s growth in an effort to reward and recognize our talent and ensure the highest possible company-wide retention! This position will design, cost and communicate all employee compensation, benefits and equity programs and will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of the programs’ success. The structure, systems, processes and metrics will need to be developed and implemented, since the company growth will continue to challenge the current infrastructure.
- Review and direct the employee benefit and compensation plans and policies for the entire organization (which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), Equity Grant programs, bonus programs, dining benefits, transit program, and any other programs in which we elect to participate in the future).
- Play the lead role in the creation, implementation and on-going analysis of the structure and processes necessary to support those policies on a company-wide basis to help achieve the Company’s growth goals and ensure., competitiveness in the marketplace for business as well as talent.
- Prioritize items for implementation considering both potential impact on the organization and the current business environment.
- Ensure that no unnecessary bureaucracy or structure is created around the execution of the total compensation program.
- Direct the preparation and distribution of all forms of comprehensive communication to employees, including written information, regarding benefits, compensation, stock programs, etc., and relevant personnel policies and be able to articulate to employees
- Forge strong relationships with our vendors, consultants, business partners and internal leadership to ensure best practices and to provide mutual support and partnership.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Must have the willingness and diplomacy to build relationships, understand issues, provide solutions, and build a compensation philosophy others can understand and support.
- Demonstrated ability to design and administer a total compensation structure that meets the needs of the employees and the business, motivating employees and insuring market competitiveness, including a knowledge of current market trends in total compensation.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and be seen as the subject matter expert including the ability to build credible relationships quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to speak comfortably and effectively to a wide variety of groups ranging from members of the Board to large groups of employees.
- Proven Analytical skills are a must.
- MS Office Suite with a strong understanding and full use of Excel, formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience with and ability to manipulate BI Reporting for indepth data analysis.
- Strong vendor management experience and skills required.
Education & Experience:
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience in a public company with high-level specialization in day-to-day as well admin as well as strategic compensation and benefits required – preferably in a multi-state/multi-unit environment, with a large base of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- 2+ years managing a team of compensation and benefits staff with demonstrated track record of successfully mentoring, leading, and retaining a highly productive team with a focus on best practices.
- Decision-making and administration experience with:
- 401 (k) Safe Harbor Plans
- Employee health and welfare plan designs and administration including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.
- Equity Plans, ESPPs, Executive Deferred Compensation Plans, Executive Options, Worker’s Compensation and strong background in
- Experience in a self-insured environment strongly preferred.
- A strong working understanding of HIPAA, ERISA, IRS and SOX regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with an emphasis on Human Resources or Finance. MBA preferred but not required.
- CCP, CBP and CEBS preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."