Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Director of Software Engineering, Digital Technology
The Director, Software Engineering, Digital Technology is responsible for the technical ownership, strategy, and innovation within the Shake Shack Digital Team.
We are looking for a technologist who has a strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into product and engineering solutions. An individual who also embraces a DevOps and Data mindset while promoting Agile principles ensuring rapid, test and learning digital delivery will positively drive the organization forward.
You’ll be multi-tasking in a fast paced, highly energetic environment, leading culturally diverse teams. You will have a focus on designing and supporting a digital cloud-first development environment while raising the technical bar for mobile, web, and Kiosk products meeting high guest expectations.
He/She will be one of the first software engineering leaders within the Shake Shack Digital Team and we are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and scaling a growing digital business, all while balancing measured risk taking for the sake of innovation and growth.
- Lead engineering efforts to deploy new and existing applications into Cloud environments (Shake Shack and Vendor Owned) and provide operational support for those applications
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Establish a culture of engineering excellence while rapidly building and releasing high quality products; Championing DevOps and Agile methodologies for delivery.
- Evaluate and select technologies, developer tools, and vendors to move roadmap forward
- Align on best practices for 3rd party and internal data integrations
- Manage and build a team of full time employees and vendor resources to achieve business and personal career goals.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Ability to communicate modern and legacy engineering strategy to senior technology members and executive team members
- Demonstrated ability to implement forward looking innovative software engineering solutions to drive business value
- History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change
- At least 8 years of previous work experience in an eCommerce, QSR, Retail, Hospitality, or digital agency capacity
- Experience hiring, developing, and leading software engineering team across, Mobile, Web, Data, and Cloud Infrastructure products
- Experience growing an internal team of full-time employees preferred
- Demonstrated Agile practice background; experience with SaFE Agile Principals preferred
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors – onshore, nearshore, and offshore
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.