Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Director of Regional Marketing
Shake Shack is looking for a passionate and dynamic Regional Marketing Director to join our highly-collaborative, fast-paced marketing team. This role will lead the remote Regional Marketing Manager team and will be essential in deepening partnership between Regional Marketing and Operations teams. This is a role for someone who embodies community and has a proven record of building strong relationships while defining strategies and tactics that drive traffic and sales.
On day-to-day basis, the Regional Marketing Director will coach and oversee the Regional Marketing (Field) team, as well as collaborate with the home office Brand, Creative, Communication and Digital teams to bring national campaigns to life within each region. We’re looking for a passionate and growth-oriented Director who is a team-oriented leader with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is both creative and data-drive, with proven experience in regional (field) marketing.
- Manage and develop a growing team of outstanding, data-driven Regional Marketing Managers (8 total RMM’s and current markets: Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Southwest, Midwest, West Coast and Northeast)
- Lead Regional Marketing team’s creation and implementation of comprehensive marketing plans that build local brand awareness and drive traffic and sales for domestic Shake Shack locations
- Keep Regional Marketing team accountable to goals, plans and budget
- Constantly ideate, create and develop local marketing programs that drive brand and/or traffic
- Coach Regional Marketing team building impactful relationships with restaurant leadership, as well as Shake Shack home office Marketing, Culinary and Supply teams
- Lead new market launch strategy for domestic markets
- Implement and test localized sales and traffic driving programming and promotions
- Evolve our community partnership strategy at a regional level based upon national CSR strategy
- Work in close partnership with Operations leadership to understand operational capabilities and/or limitations
- Report on regional trends, cultivating an agile culture and pivoting marketing plans based upon the state of the business
- Partner with Finance and Data Insights teams to develop tools that better equip Regional Marketing team with resources that help them perform successfully in their role
- Oversee project timelines and budgets, sharing timely recaps on campaigns, events, openings, and programming with Shake Shack leadership and Regional Directors of Operations
- Collaborate with Brand and Communication teams on national strategy and communicate out to Regional Marketing team to facilitate campaign execution at the regional level
- Work closely with Brand, Communication and Digital teams to develop regionalized campaigns through owned channels, including: PR, social, email, mobile/web, advertising, brand partnerships and more
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or a related field
- A good balance of creativity and analytic skills
- Possesses a strong ability to develop and lead a team through coaching, training and mentoring
- Has a nimble, “start-up” mentality, possessing the ability to manage multiple projects and act quickly and effectively to pivot based upon the state of the business
- Hungry to test and learn local promotions and grassroots community outreach
- Able to develop high-level marketing strategies and a strong understanding of the technical, financial and operations of the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5-7 years of relevant marketing experience with previous supervisory experience
- Proven experience in regional marketing (or field marketing), preferably within the restaurant or retail industry
- Experience writing business cases, negotiating contracts and managing partnerships and budgets preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.