Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will oversee/run the strategic development and implementation of programs and events that promote inclusion and diversity within Shake Shack. As the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, you will develop new programs and practices that effectively increase diversity, measure and monitor company diversity, and provide support to the organization’s business objectives. The Director of Diversity & Inclusion also provides strategic advice and counsel to the organization’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Responsible for setting the corporate-wide diversity, equity and inclusion strategic framework to include our vision, goals, metrics and best practices.
- Partners and leads the execution of all nationwide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs to include: Employee Resource Group meetings, Inclusion Training, Mentorship Programs, corporate initiatives and events, etc.
- Responsible for gathering and presenting employee feedback, diversity analytics, and best practices to stakeholders while measuring the KPIs and ROI for each program.
- Designs the marketing and communication of programs to ensure awareness, outreach and relevance.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s diversity goals.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues and best practices while adhering to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as a strong voice for inclusion and diversity at Shake Shack and in the broader industry community through active participation while communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences.
- Recognizes and responds to regional, local and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues and initiatives.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Demonstrated D&I program creation, launch and management
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organization while acting as a change agent
- Strong facilitation, coaching, and presentation skills
- Solid time management & project management skills
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit that can quickly adapt in a high-paced organization
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience setting annual diversity goals and delivering regular progress reports
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.