Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Director of Business Systems and Solutions - ERP
The Director of Business Systems and Solutions will manage, upgrade, enhance, develop, define and support the core business applications required to for Shake Shack. The position is responsible for planning activities that support the back-office application and data needs of Shake Shack and for review of data requirements, review and approval of application designs, decisions, and development of processes, policies, and controls. The position will establish a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company. Working with the VP of IT, the Director of Business Systems and Solutions role is also responsible for leading our selection and implementation of a new ERP solution, developing and driving data strategy, SDLC, and application architecture across entire back-office business functions, business areas, and products.
- Lead the selection and implementation of a new ERP solution
- Develop information architecture and enforce enterprise application standards, guidelines, and principles.
- Manage current and future needs in data design and content.
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
- Work with Business, Application, and Operations counterparts to assure data integrity and consistency.
- Interpret requirements, define subject area models, align with & review business enterprise model
- Create logical data models and structural dimensional model
- Develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all BI components
- Create state transformation models
- Manage application documentation
- Assist in building of enterprise application blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, and accessed at Shake Shack.
- Discover dimension hierarchies / validate hierarchies
- Establish information alignment with business goals & objectives.
- Create information structures that underpin business KPIs and create insights.
- Develop information structures that maximize business insights self-service.
- Foster and champion data governance practices
- Build a common meta-model
- Integrate metadata from disparate systems into unified meta-model
- Define a BI layer on top of the metadata repository to provide business process oriented dashboards & ad hoc capability
- Serves in capacity enterprise information management advisor with the business to “solve” business problems via information management principles.
- Lead data quality management practice
- Support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls requirements and liaise with both internal and external audit on IT and systems related matters
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in SDLC & project management methodology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- Practical knowledge of PMO concepts and software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter surrounding current and evolving application solutions, industry standards and best practices
- IT Leadership: Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility. Knowledge of methods for conducting activities which identify and address stakeholders’ needs and consulting to and with the business on the application systems potential impacts. Experience leading technical solution design; data mapping along with overall financial analysis.
- Communications: Strong communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups. Influence is a key success factor for this role.
- Achievement Orientation: Knowledge of how the delivery of IT solutions can enable achievement of business requirements. Skills required include innovative problem solving; decision-making; risk taking; execution expertise.
- Service Orientation: Working comprehension of research methods to evaluate stakeholder requirements and responses. Knowledge of the company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, with a solid understanding of restaurant and retail operations and leading practices
- 3-5 years of extensive experience working with ERP, supply chain, planning, forecasting, EDI, and data warehouse management systems
- Successful track record of managing large projects and IT initiatives
- Previous experience with advanced data modeling and information engineering principles. Conversant in common business information models such as inventory supply chain, consumer relationship management, guest experience, and restaurant sales analysis. Proficiency in data flows, technology evaluation and business intelligence.
- IT standards literacy: Previous experience with standards such as TOGAF architecture framework, ITIL, COBIT, including compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Experience in data warehouse methodology: ER, MOLAP, ROLAP, Multi-Dimensional / Star Schema, dimensional modeling
- Experience in design and implementation of an enterprise data model, metadata solution and data management solution
- Experience in data processing including ETL and building data marts or data warehouses via azure data lakes
- Experience managing staff and leading a cross-functional team
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."