Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Director Food Safety and Quality Assurance
With a strong understanding of the Shake Shack business imperatives and distinct corporate culture, ensure all Suppliers, Products, and Shacks (restaurants) meet the food safety and quality standards of regulatory requirements, Shake Shack, and industry best practices, as well as the goals of the Shake Shack Supply Chain Department Mission Statement:
To support all Shake Shacks by delivering Creative and Influential Menu Development, Responsible and Profitable Supply Chain, and Supportive and Interactive Quality Assurance through the vision of Stand For Something Good.
- Drive the Food Safety culture at Shake Shack to ensure all employees understanding and act in a manner to ensure guest safety and protect the Brand.
- Based on Risk, ensure Shake Shack Suppliers, which include growers, producers, manufacturers, distributors and/or vendors, are compliant with all applicable regulations, best practices, and Shake Shack standards for safe food production and are delivered to Shake Shacks in a controlled supply chain environment.
- Based on risk, ensure Shake Shack Suppliers, are supplying Domestic and International Shake Shacks with products produced to Shake Shack approved specifications and product claims.
- Shake Shack operations are equipped with accurate written procedures, product information, food safety information, allergen management and procedures to comply with all food safety guidelines, regulations and requirements.
Skills & Knowledge
- BS in Food Science or related field (MS is a plus)
- REHS/RS or CF-PS certification are a plus
- 10+ years in Quality Assurance and Food Safety
- 5+ years of managing employees
- 3+ years of multi-unit restaurant experience
- Food manufacturing experience a plus
- Agriculture experience a plus
- Includes traveling to all Shake Shack locations, which may include but not limited to the following modes of transportation: planes, trains, and automobiles. International travel may also be included.
- Approximate allocation of work time: In NYC Corporate Office 60%, visiting Suppliers 25%, visiting Shake Shacks 15%
Our Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."