Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Digital Marketing AnalystThe Digital Marketing Analyst will be instrumental in gathering, organizing, and visualizing disparate sources of data from various analytics platforms, including web, app, and CRM, in order to produce actionable insights. The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for developing interactive visualizations and dashboards, leveraging Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, and other available tools, that provide actionable insights for the Marketing, Insights, and Product teams.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will work with cross-functional teams, leadership and external collaborators / vendors, to identify analytics requirements and produce visualizations and data sets to arm the Marketing teams to make informed decisions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring quality data structures for the analysis of data, use of proper analyses, and implementing visualization best practices in Google Data Studio, among other platforms.
The Shake Shack Digital Team will be launching transformational product and marketing programs that involve high touch, high stakes decisions that must be rooted in data and analysis. The Digital Marketing Analyst will be critical in guiding the Marketing and Product teams in making informed decisions about things like media spend, customer segments, and UX/XD implementations that ultimately drive high value customers via retention and frequency.
This candidate must also be able to guide and educate the business user with the goal of making sure the best solution is created. Must be willing to work in a highly collaborative approach, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate must have strong technical background and be current on modern analytics and reporting technologies. The Analyst will also be able to uncover any data inconsistencies and troubleshoot and remedy any data errors.
- Own the data orchestration, visualization, and analysis of Shake Shack’s marketing and product efforts related to web, app, kiosk, and CRM
- Gathers and mines data from all relevant sources, including disparate data sources, which include Snowflake (via Tableau), Google Analytics, and external data sources
- Utilizes CRM and data science applications such as Alteryx, to identify high opportunity guest segments to drive the marketing organization to increase frequency and retention
- Partner with external agencies to steer analytics requirements and gather data where needed from marketing partners and external applications
- Serve as a key resource for understanding the customer journey as it relates to marketing/product and own segmentation of database to optimize marketing efforts
- Develops powerful and engaging data visualizations (data tables, charts and infographics) for senior management and stakeholders using Tableau and Google Data Studio, along with ad hoc requests using software/tools such as Excel
- Analyzes data identifying trends and patterns related to guest (CRM) segments, marketing performance, web/app analytics, and user experience
- Forecasts and/or predicts guest behavior based upon trends, research and analysis
- Performs data validation and quality assurance on stakeholder reporting
- Writes clear, succinct, and actionable analytical and informational reports for all levels of the organization
- Researches and responds to information requests from internal/external departments and management
- Provides training on digital analytics and analytics best practice and tools
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation and presentation using MS Office tools is essential;
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills and ability to work within a team
- Ability to develop analytical frameworks and generate/communicate business insights
- Attention to detail, high aptitude for problem-solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behavior/business
- Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required
- Ability to take complex data and visualize it into a business story
- Strong SQL development skills desired, writing complex queries and stored procedures with SQL
- Ability to identify/clarify campaign objectives and lead the development of KPIs that address these objectives
- BS Graduate degree in Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile development lifecycle desired
- 5+ years of expert-level experience with marketing analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- 2+ years of Alteryx experience preferred
- Experience with the restaurant industry or a high growth organization is a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.