Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Development Analyst will provide analytical support for Shake Shack’s real estate decisions and growth plans. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Real Estate Strategy, the Development Analyst will play a critical role in the Development team, collaborating often with our internal stakeholders and external partners. They will be responsible for analyzing real estate transactions and capital investments through deal structure modeling, expense forecasting, accrual accounting, dataset managing, and continually improving how we measure and assess Shack performance. The ideal candidate is a creative, curious self-starter who can manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining meticulous attention to detail, is passionate about real estate, and is an Excel-modeling whiz.
- Support comprehensive modeling of real estate transactions, including assessment of renewals, relocations, and additive investments over the lifetime of our real estate assets
- Become a trusted cross-functional partner to our Finance, Accounting and Data Insight teams
- Contribute to the team’s monthly tracking, reporting and reconciliation of capital expenditure exercises
- Gather and synthesize Shack-level intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources, and manage access to this information for our partners and stakeholders
- Prepare reports and presentations for Development leadership, Real Estate and Capital Committees
- Develop, maintain, and refine tools used to analyze our internal real estate needs
- Supporting additional real estate and asset management related duties as needed
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced MS Excel modeling skills required
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to concisely explain complex concepts
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex analyses and produce effective reports
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting, urban planning, or other relevant disciplines
- At least 2 years’ experience in real estate finance, accounting or other relevant analytical roles
- Demonstrated project management experience preferred
- Experience working in restaurant development and/or a high growth company preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.