Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Want to join the world of Shake Shack? We’re bringing ShackBurgers and frozen custard to new cities and neighborhoods around the world, and with it, adding to our team. If you enjoy working in a small, dynamic and fast-paced team environment, and are an excellent designer with a sharp, creative eye to help support the design needs of our brand, then this job is for you.
Tell us why Shake Shack should hire you as our Designer. We’re looking for an incredibly intelligent, articulate, passionate and resourceful individual with a background in Graphic Design/Illustration/Production.
We’re excited to see what you’ve got. Now, shake that resume on over and provide a link to an online portfolio.
- Assist and support Shake Shack’s branding, marketing, and promotional materials including events, invites, menus, signs, icons, t-shirts, clothing, gift cards, digital graphics and more. Assist with conception and execution of photoshoots for our campaigns and promotions across the Shack brand.
- Embrace and convey the Shake Shack brand voice and aesthetic across all marketing and communications in printed collateral, online and digital presence, social media spaces, and advertising that reflects the spirit, identity, integrity and intelligent humor of the brand.
- Create and support brand collateral that supports corporate-wide and localized marketing and communications strategies with innovative ideas, programs, events and promotions.
- Project manage collateral orders and time them to deadlines.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have a BFA degree from a leading design school and or dynamic portfolio
- Computer skills: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Excel
- Deep interest and awareness of the hospitality industry
- Strong understanding of the Shake Shack brand and company culture
- Exceptional design (print + digital) and illustration skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- Manage several projects at once
- Resourceful self-starter
- Athletic approach to multi-tasking, organizing, natural ability to prioritize and a personality that can freely roll with the punches
- Excellent interpersonal skills, “willing” demeanor (you come from a place of yes), you’re a person of the utmost integrity, professionalism and judgment
- Closely follow and passionate about new music, pop culture, style and design trends
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key constituencies
- Minimum 2 years Design experience, preferably in the food/hospitality industry
- Experience in print production
- Experience working on photoshoots a plus
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."