Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
This role contributes to Shake Shack success by supporting the design process to create outstanding design that uphold the Shake Shack experience and brand. The role is inclusive of all phases of design from test-fits through construction documents and administration while respecting budget, schedule and brand.
- Designs restaurants within parameters of individual Shack budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Contribute to design team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of restaurants and meeting all established deadlines. This include attending different development team meetings to ensure overall success of the brand.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams
- Mentors other more junior designers
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Related Field.
- Organized and self-motivated individual who is dedicated to seeing their designs come to life in a thoughtful and resolved way.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Domestic travel required
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, AutoCAD, Revit and other Design related Software programs preferred
- 4-6 years of related work experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents.
- Managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants and vendors.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good.
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.