Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Design and Development Manager- Asia
The Design and Development Manager is the key design and development contact between Shake Shack Enterprises and our licensed partners in Asia. They will be responsible for driving project timelines, the internal & external development process, relationship management, concept design, kitchen design and cost savings for materials selections.
Position is located in Hong Kong
- Manages the Shake Shack licensing design process from end to end with our licensed partners in Asia.
- Manages the development pipeline for all Asia licensed Shacks. This includes moving potential sites through the Licensed real estate approval committee and keeping the 5-year development plan up to date.
- Creating and executing a comprehensive plan to reduce the cost of building a Shack through vendor management and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the domestic design and construction team to keep the Shake Shack design manual in line with brand standards and guidelines for use with our partners.
- Identifying the future needs of the Shake Shack model and working within innovation teams to evolve the current versions of the Shack to the future.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business or Design
- CAD certificated preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant experience with at least 2+ years in a design related role
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.