Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Culinary Innovation Manager
The Culinary Innovation Manager is responsible for the project management of culinary innovation to ensure Shake Shack’s culinary excellence, timely and accurate delivery of fully developed recipes.
- Works with the team to develop new menu items; creating, testing and refining recipes. Record finalized recipes for custard specials, special menu items for West Village Shake Shack, and any new permanent menu items.
- Coordinate photo-shoots with Marketing Department including ordering ingredients, producing food, ensuring accuracy of photos and supporting flow of photo-shoots.
- Manage department project tasks by coordinating timelines, creating meeting agendas and recording notes.
- Organize, manage and conduct product and menu item tastings to internal and external teams. Record tasting feedback and work with team to refine recipes.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, organization, cleanliness and overall maintenance of Innovation Kitchen.
Skills & Knowledge
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts
- At least 6 years of related work experience
- At least 1 year of kitchen experience in a high volume full service restaurant, 3+ years preferred
- Multi-unit restaurant experience preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the growing business
- No food allergies or food aversions
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."