Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Culinary Brand Manager
We are looking for a food crazy, dynamic marketer to lead our culinary marketing strategy. As part of the Brand Marketing team, you’ll help lead our approach to culinary and menu development. This includes ideation for new product/promotional strategies by developing timelines and lead plans to drive top-line and bottom-line sales growth. The Culinary Brand Manager will work day-to-day with the culinary and supply team to see through development plans end-to-end, and help develop marketing approaches to drive sales in markets all over the world.
The Culinary Brand Manager should also be someone who is food obsessed and can help build relationships with influencers in the food and culinary space. They should be a strong, team-oriented leader that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and set processes into place for this growing area of the business. If you are a leader with strong interpersonal skills, ability to read a P&L and are creative but also a data guru, join our team!
- Support marketing and culinary team in developing Shake Shack’s overall new product strategy and roadmap for product launches, which includes national and regional menu items, special events, culinary collaborations and current menu promotions.
- Responsible for timeline management by leading the development of product launches. Collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to ensure all elements of launch are in line with product launch strategy. Launch elements include but are not limited to: pricing, forecasts, go-to-market strategy, creative assets, and post-modem recaps.
- Identify ways to optimize on current menu program. Partner with consumer insights and finance teams on develop holistic learnings of menu item performance and deeper understanding of what our guests want, while providing actionable recommendations to drive average check and traffic.
- Be food obsessed with a pulse on culinary and cultural trends. Immersed in market and consumer trends, regionally and nationally.
- Show leadership by seeking opportunities, taking ownership with being able to identify roadblocks and flexibility to pivot as needed.
- Develop and analyze product sales, menu mix and identify key trends and insights to help drive product marketing strategy. Lead the new product P&L and comfortable with pricing and analytics discussions.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business or Marketing
- Track record of delivering results & ability to make decisions to maximize impact
- Project management, prioritization skills & ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of product development
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships and influence driving business decisions
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound judgment
- Knowledge about PR/Communications, marketing, digital and consumer insights
- Strong communication and execution skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to details
- At least 3-5 years of experience at another restaurant group or CPG brand
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.