Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for an in-house copywriter to join our highly collaborative, fast paced marketing team. This is a role for a witty, food-obsessed culture vulture with sharp attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and passion for the Shake Shack brand. This role will ensure that Shake Shack’s conversational, playful voice is consistent and engaging across all channels.
- Lead, manage and develop the voice and copy for Shake Shack across all brand and guest facing materials through traditional, digital and creative platforms.
- Create and manage effective copy for campaigns, emails, menus, vouchers, taglines, packaging, employment brand, regional programming, website, social, app, advertisement and hoardings.
- Work collaboratively with the design, marketing and digital team to conceptualize creative ideas.
- Copy edit and proof marketing materials in adherence to internal guidelines and the AP Stylebook.
- Refresh and maintain internal copy guidelines.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communication or Creative Writing
- 3+ years of experience of professional writing experience, either editorial or copywriting
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.