Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Consumer Insights Manager
Shake Shack is seeking an intellectually curious, hardworking, and innovative Manager of Guest Insights to support our Brand, Operations, and Culinary teams. This is a highly visible role within the company, and the ideal candidate will have a significant role in shaping how data-driven decision making using quantitative and qualitative research affects the company strategy.
- Co-own voice of guest program, advocating for the Shake Shack guest, understanding their pain points, moments of delights, and what drives guest satisfaction.
- Use a hypothesis driven approach to drive qualitative and quantitative research both as an individual contributor and as a project manager to inform cross-functional teams on key strategic opportunities.
- Field and own brand tracker, distilling insights for brand team and assisting in measurement of pilot programs.
- Design, field, and synthesize research findings into clear, concise, and actionable insights and recommendations for the Culinary, Operations, and Brand teams.
- Manage external vendor / consultant relationships in support of research agenda.
- Develop and manage end-to-end process of creating primary research questionnaires, screener questions, analysis and reporting of results.
- Build strong relationships with Business Partners at all levels to inform research needs and strategy.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and insights through new projects or analysis of past studies or external research.
- Develop research proposals; understand business units’ objectives, scope projects, develop appropriate methodologies to meet objectives.
- Report monthly KPIs to operations and work to automate reporting where possible.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in quantitative field or relevant work experience a must (i.e. management consulting)
- Basic understanding of financial and profitability concepts
- Expert PowerPoint storyteller
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, yet able to take specific direction as needed
- Excellent knowledge of Statistics and Linear Regression
- Analytical mindset and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to quickly absorb and synthesize information
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Consumer Insights or at least 2-4 years in Management Consulting, preferably with a focus on multi-unit retail or hospitality
- Experience working with Qualtrics/Medallia, Salesforce
- Experience with menu product innovation and testing a plus
- Experience working in a start-up / fast-paced, rapidly changing environment a plus
- Experience using R, SPSS, StatsIQ, Tableau, Alteryx a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.