Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The commercialization manager will manage technical activities in product commercialization, collaborate with external specialists and co-manufacturers, and maintain product formulas.
- Independently manages recipe and product commercialization process with suppliers. Works with culinary team to document original recipes and translate recipes to manufacturers.
- Travel to manufacturing facilities to work with R&D teams and supervise production runs.
- Maintain commercialization and LTO timeline to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Lead product cuttings, evaluations and provide detailed feedback to suppliers.
- Support product testing at restaurant level.
- Documents product formulas and conducts product yield studies.
- Ensure accuracy of recipes in POS software program.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Culinary, or an equivalent field
- Restaurant or food safety experience a plus
- Manufacturer level product development and commercialization experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.