Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Benefits Manager performs a lead role in the design, implementation and administration of Shake Shack’s benefits and strategic initiatives supporting LOA, health, wellness, and retirement programs. This position will collaborate with cross functional partners and all levels of management to provide expertise while supporting both the business and benefits strategy.
- Administration of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision; life insurance plans, disability programs and leaves of absence, and 401(k). Responsible for participating in vendor management activities including day to day oversight, regular status calls, process improvement initiatives
- Responsible for day-to-day support activities, including, but not limited to: assisting employees with questions and resolution of benefits matters, processing participant enrollments, changes, and terminations, verifying and approving invoices for payment, and Workday system audit, management, and maintenance
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all leave of absence administration in accordance with Shake Shack disability management protocols and Federal and State regulations and manages the daily operations of the leave TPA
- Leads the update and distribution of all materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan documents including the maintenance of this material on the Intranet and other internal portals
- Organizes the open enrollment process and annual plan medical renewal; including the project plan, testing of the open enrollment system, and rate updates
- Oversees relationships with 10 external vendors and benefits broker to provide technical support in the delivery of programs including 401(k) and ACA
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas including HR Systems, Information Technology and Payroll especially with the support of audit and testing Workday enhancements and break/fixes.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Accounting preferred
- Advanced Excel skill
- Knowledge of Workday is desired
- 4+ years of benefits or HR related experience
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.