Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Associate General Counsel
The Associate General Counsel support the Legal Department in fulfilling its responsibilities to identify, assess and reduce the Company’s legal, financial and business exposure, to ensure the Company’s value and interest are protected and preserved, and to ensure the Company’s compliance with applicable laws.
Cover letter required with application
- Draft, review and negotiate material contracts
- Oversee and manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Support People Resources on all wage and hour law matters
- Support the General Counsel on all securities law and corporate governance matters
- Manage the Company’s Legal Counsel and Beer & Wine License Specialist and their attendant responsibilities
- Manage outside counsel, including engagement scope and fees
- Implement Legal policies, procedures and guidelines
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be Bar Certified in the State of New York
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree
- At least 8 full years experience as a practicing attorney
- Minimum 5 full years experience as an in-house attorney
- Retail or hospitality experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.