Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Restaurant Area Director/Multi-Unit Manager
Based in Denver and reporting directly to the Regional Vice President, this position will be responsible for 6-8 locations. The Area Director will be accountable for meeting profitability and operational performance goals while ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and system compliance in Area Shacks. The Area Director must be able to lead and develop people. You will work closely with marketing and recruiting to drive guest traffic and build internal talent pipelines to keep up with company growth. From working side-by-side with our leaders to managing audits, you will serve as a critical driver of all things operational!
- Operating Systems
- Directly manage General Managers to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Management Planning & Mentor-ship
- Build strong teams including selection and development of managers. Support and advise the General Managers with on-boarding of new MITs and monitoring their training progress.
- Profitability and Performance Goals
- Accountable for area Shacks achieving desired profitability and key performance indicator levels, driving sales beyond targets (and prior year), following the service priorities, and simultaneously delivering uncommon hospitality and enhancing the guest experience.
- Home Office Information and Communication
- Work with Home Office teams to provide consolidated messaging and mitigate the frequency of communication directly between Shacks and the Home Office
- New Restaurant Opening
- Execute pre-opening Shack operations, marketing and staffing initiatives to ensure a successful new restaurant opening.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated developer of people
- Proven business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Self motivated leader with the ability to solve complex problems
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to create and implement management development plans
- Proven track record and success managing multiple locations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of multi-unit restaurant management experience with full P&L responsibility
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing 4-10 direct reports
- Hands on experience developing training programs and assessing skills
- 30% travel required
- $95,200 - $123,800 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.