Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Administrative Assistant- Legal
In this newly created role, the Administrative Assistant will support the Legal department and be responsible for a wide variety of evolving day-to-day tasks and ad hoc requests.
Cover letter required with application.
- Organize internal and external meetings for the General Counsel, including coordinating agendas, reserving conference room space, providing conference call dial-in information, confirming attendees, A/V needs, and ordering catering.
- Manage the General Counsel’s calendar proactively and with a high level of detail. Book travel arrangements.
- Print, photocopy, scan, bind and file documents. Maintain computer and manual filing systems. Maintain and update departmental charts. Receive, sort and distribute the mail.
- Prepare documents for execution and distribute/deliver to necessary third parties, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate the preparation of various presentations (including in PowerPoint), including researching, gathering and consolidating materials from various members of the team, and fixing formatting and aesthetics of the presentation.
Departmental Financial and Budgetary Support
- Maintain accruals of vendor fees and expenses.
- Create purchase requisitions, submit purchase orders to vendors, review, code and submit vendor invoices.
- Reconcile corporate card and purchasing card expenses, prepare T&E and P-Card expense reports, and uphold the company’s T&E and purchasing policies.
Corporate Organizational Support
- Prepare, review and/or coordinate the filing of organizational documents.
General Legal Department Support
- Ordering office supplies.
- Maintaining the Legal Department’s team information on the Company’s intranet, including org chart, team information, etc.
- Plan and execute team meetings, offsites and social events.
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the Legal Department, as necessary.
- Maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.