Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing A/P invoices and assisting with Home Office AP functions. This individual works closely with the internal Accounting & Finance team, Shack managers, and vendors.
1. Weekly Accounts Payable Processing
- Process invoices (Shack Batches) via MenuLink Software. (Audit all invoices to ensure all data is correct).
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Mailbox by ensuring all invoices/inquiries are handled in a timely manner.
- Assist Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist with processing Home Office invoices.
- Process invoices with multiple lines of distribution via data loading tool.
- Back up Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist on interfaces to MAS AP Module.
- Assist Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist with Concur database maintenance, as directed.
- Verify invoice approvals, both for proper signatures and dollar amounts.
- Return invoices to submitter if approvals are not sufficient.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors and build trustworthy & reliable relationship with vendors/departments/colleagues.
- Open and review department mail.
- Other duties as instructed
2. Vendor Payments
- Assist Vendor Controls Analyst with weekly check run. (Scanning and mailing checks)
- Review checks over $25k for 2nd signature.
3. Month-end and Year-end Close
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Provide Shack General Ledger team with support on A/P related questions.
- Assist with year-end audit.
4. Other Duties and Ad Hoc Projects
- Support implementation of new accounts payable processes.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit.
- Assist with special projects, as instructed.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred or combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with Mas200 and Menulink Software
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Work, Outlook)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Restaurant Industry experience a plus
- ERP AP system implementation experience a plus
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."