Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Accounts Payable AnalystThe Analyst, Accounts Payable is a lead role on the team which is responsible for reviewing and verifying AP transactions to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the following within the company financial systems: invoice data element entry, managerial approvals, 2/3 way purchase order matching, general ledger coding. This individual also reviews and approves monthly vendor statement reconciliations ensuring they agree to the AP Trial Balance, as well as performs weekly quality reviews of the Vendor Master setups and changes. Lastly, this role also supports AP System testing (ERP and Back of House) as well as performs various A/P related analysis.
- Weekly Accounts Payable Processing & Staff Support: Audits AP batches to ensure accuracy, audits weekly vendor master set up and changes, oversee the maintenance of the A/P email account, provide training and support to the A/P team on new processes and system changes, and prepares the reconciliations of various vendor accounts.
- Audit / Review expense report
- Manage / Audit Indirect vendor spend and identifying and lead process improvements initiatives.
- Vendor Payments: Manage payment terms towards achieving working capital goals.
- Month-end and Year-end Close: Review and Prepare A/P Vendor Statement Accruals. Reviews A/P monthly aging report, ensuring that aged items are satisfied on a timely basis
- Provide Shack General Ledger team with support on A/P related questions. Assist with year-end audit.
- Vendor Invoice Reconciliations: Handles the reconciliation of high volume/complex vendor accounts.
- Other Duties: Supports implementation of new accounts payable processes and systems. Assist in the annual financial statement audit. Assist with special projects as delegated by AP Manager/Director/Controller
Skills & Knowledge
- ERP Systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A/P Systems (Workday or other ERP systems)
- Strong excel skills (V-look Up’s, Pivot Tables)
- Strong reconciliation skills
- At least 5+ years of experience
Full cycle PTP experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Colorado Applicants: $46,700- $60,700 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.