Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
In this newly created role, the Accounting Coordinator will support the Controllership team and be responsible for a wide variety of evolving day-to-day tasks and ad hoc requests, including report preparation, analyses, procurement and general office administration. The Accounting Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the SVP, Controller.
The Accounting Coordinator is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be highly-organized, extremely detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic and a desire for continuous process improvement. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem-solver and relationship builder, with a can-do attitude and strong desire to learn and grow.
General Team Support
- Support the onboarding of new hires and ongoing logistical needs of the team, including coordinating with other departments for technology set-up, office space and HR requirements, tracking the process through to completion.
- Ordering office supplies and other equipment.
- Maintain the Controllership team information and calendar
Administrative Support to the SVP, Controller
- Facilitate the preparation of various powerpoint presentations, including gathering and consolidating materials from various members of the team, as well as fixing formatting and aesthetics of the presentation.
- Manage the SVP, Controller’s calendar proactively and with a high level of detail, including weekly schedule reviews.
- Organize internal and external meetings, including coordinating agendas, reserving conference room space, distribution of meeting materials, confirming attendees, A/V needs and ordering catering.
- Plan and execute team meetings, offsites and social events. Communicate with internal team members and external partners on behalf of the SVP, Controller.
- Reconcile the SVP, Controller’s corporate card and purchasing card expenses, prepare T&E and P-Card expense reports, and uphold the Company’s T&E and purchasing policies.
- Prepare reports necessary for cash monitoring activities, including logging daily cash balances from the Company’s banking portal.
- Collect upcoming cash disbursement information, including estimates from various functional groups and consolidating information.
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s banking portal, including completing required forms for granting and changing access.
- Completion of other banking forms and paperwork, as necessary.
Departmental Financial and Budgetary Support
- Provide support to team leaders in tracking, analyzing and maintaining department budgets.
- Create and maintain budget versus actual analysis file, including running financial reports, consolidating financial information from department leaders, reviewing invoices and sending follow-up questions.
- Create purchase requisitions, submit purchase orders to vendors, code and submit vendor invoices.
- Run reports, aggregate and distribute team KPI reporting.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or Administrative Support
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task responsibilities.
- Anticipates needs of the team. Proactively addresses issues before they become problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Professional manner and strong ethical approach.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an accounting or administrative role.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.